A neighbor found this recipe for me. Haven't tried it yet but I am on my way to the store to buy poppy seeds now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425*F.
- 2Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine the two flours together with baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 4Using a pastry blender (or your hands), cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- 5Stir in the shredded potatoes, cheese, poppy seeds and dill.
- 6Make a well in the center and add enough milk to make a soft dough (adding more milk as needed).
- 7Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead several times.
- 8Pat into two 6 to 8-inch rounds about 1-inch thick.
- 9Cut each into 6 to 8 wedges.
- 10Place on baking sheet.
- 11Brush with melted butter.
- 12Bake until lightly golden, about 12-16 minutes.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar and Poppy Seed Potato Scones
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 404.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g