Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A neighbor found this recipe for me. Haven't tried it yet but I am on my way to the store to buy poppy seeds now!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked shredded potato
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cold milk
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the two flours together with baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender (or your hands), cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Stir in the shredded potatoes, cheese, poppy seeds and dill.
- Make a well in the center and add enough milk to make a soft dough (adding more milk as needed).
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead several times.
- Pat into two 6 to 8-inch rounds about 1-inch thick.
- Cut each into 6 to 8 wedges.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 12-16 minutes.
These are fabulous! The dill and cheddar flavor smell wonderful while cooking and taste so good together! These are more moist than most. Be sure to brush them generously with butter. I ate two right out of the oven. They're that good! Thanks