Recipe by Chrissyo
I got this recipe for a school mum, Sue Stibbard. She always liked to make things go further on her tight budget so she came up with this recipe for chicken liver pate with a twist; hard boiled eggs are added to the recipe. This gives the pate a lighter texture. People are surprised when I tell them that there are hard boiled eggs in the pate. This recipe makes a large batch and you will certainly get compliments for your skills in mastering chicken liver pate.
Top Review by eva_anita
I made this only with 250g butter, cloves and allspice (allspice as a substitute for mace). I used Curvoisier Brandy. This is the 2nd time I am making this as it is really tasty, inexpensive and I can freeze it as well. It is a great recipe, thank you so much for posting!
- 500 g chicken livers
- 250 g finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 250 g butter
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 125 g softened butter
- 1 tablespoon good brandy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- extra melted butter, to seal the pate
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate livers from the gall bladders.
- Trim chicken livers of threads and gall and chop livers into 1 inch pieces.
- Fry onions and garlic in 250g butter until soft.
- Add the chicken liver pieces to the softened onions and fry until the livers are firm but still pink inside.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped eggs and softened butter, brandy, ground cloves, salt and pepper to taste and mace.
- Then place in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning if required.
- Put the pate into your containers and pour a little melted butter on the top of the containers of pate to seal it.
- Put into the fridge until required.