Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick, easy and good beef stroganoff recipe that is made with deli roast beef.
Make and share this Cheaters Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain noodles.
- Cut beef into 1/2" cubes.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Saute onions until tender.
- Add beef, salt, pepper, and mushrooms. Saute for one minute.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Serve over noodles.
Very simple and good. I used some leftover roast beef and sauteed some fresh mushroom slices for a very enjoyable meal. Thanks bmcnichol for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.
Like most recipes I prepare I cut this down to about 2 servings and it made enough for me and my mother with left overs. I used low fat sour cream and low sodium cream soup. I only used like a tsp of margarine instead of butter. I used whole wheat pasta noodles since thats what I had on hand. Very fast and extremly tasty recipe I will be sure to make again when I'm in the mood for a stroganoff with out all of the fuss. The only problem I had was it seemed a bit too thick for me so I added a bit of skim milk instead of adding more water so it would not dilute the taste too much.