1/1 Photo of Champurrado (Mexican Hot Chocolate)
This recipe is from the Nestle Very Best Baking. Champurrado is a tradition in my part of the world on Christmas morning with tamales and sweet bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine 8 cups of the water and cinnamon; bring to a boil.
- 2Place the remaining water and masa harina in a blender; cover and blend until smooth.
- 3Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into the cinnamon-water mixture.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly with wire whisk for 6 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Stir in sugar, chocolate and vanilla extract.
- 6Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted and flavors well blended.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champurrado (Mexican Hot Chocolate)
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g