Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Source: Fix It and Forget It cookbook
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingredients.
- Put into crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through, stirring once or twice.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Made this for Please Review and took it to work (we had a taco type meal). Everyone, even the "Mexicans," loved it. I doubled it and it's so easy to put together. Didn't use low-fat cheese, but used low-fat cream cheese.
I was short on time so I made this bean dip on the stove. Simmered it slowly until the cream cheese melted and everything was combined and heated thru. The dip was wonderful and I will double the recipe and make it in the crock pot next time. Served with scoopable tortilla chips LizAnn's Recipe #253080.