You can use 8 cups of torn swiss chard leaves instead of the spinach. Serve with crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 carrots
- 3 leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1 slice thick ham
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 cup finely shredded gruyere or 1 cup extra old cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cut carrots into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- 2Cut leeks lengthwise almost but not all the way to root end; spreading leaves, flush out grit under water.
- 3Cut crosswise into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- 4Cut ham into 3/4 inch chunks.
- 5Halve or quarter potatoes; set aside.
- 6In large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat; saute carrots, leeks, ham and onion until leeks and onion are softened, about 8 minutes.
- 7Add potatoes, 4 cups water and salt; bring to boil.
- 8Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- 9Add milk; bring to simmer, Stir in noodles and spinach; simmer, uncovered, until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 10Stir in cheese and pepper.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chalet Supper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 496.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: