1/1 Photo of Celeriac With Butter and Lemon - Céleri - Rave Saute
From the "French Farmhouse Kitchen" by Eileen Reece. The French method of cooking the majority of their dishes in enamelled, cast- iron "cocottes" and casseroles, sealed with a heavy lid, is greatly responsible for the fine flavor of their food.
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the celeriac and cut into 1 inch thick slices. Cut each slice into 8 or 10 pieces (batons) and drop into a panful of fast-boiling, salted water.
- 2Blanch for 3 minutes only, drain and pat dry in a cloth.
- 3Heat the butter and oil in a large iron frying pan over medium heat and, when the butter froths, arrange the celeriac pieces in the bottom in one layer.
- 4Season, increase the heat slightly and saute until golden brown, turning the pieces with a spatula and shaking the pan to prevent sticking.
- 5When ready to serve, sprinkle with lemon juice and chopped herbs.
- 6Shake and saute again and correct seasoning if necessary.
- 7Turn into a heated serving dish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celeriac With Butter and Lemon - Céleri - Rave Saute
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 274.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g