1/1 Photo of Celeriac (Celery Root), Onions & Lemon
Celeriac is very ugly looking and you do waste a lot peeling it but try it - if you like celery you'll love this vegetable it has a mild celery flavor. The onion & lemon compliment it. I threw this together last night and it was rather good - You have to peel all the knots of the celeric and get in to the white flesh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the root so you have only the white flesh, cut it into pieces apprx 1/8" thick and bite size.
- 2Immerse prepared celeriac in boiling water and boil 5 minutes, drain (keep the water to use in a soup recipe).
- 3Spray a fry pan (large enough to hold the veggies in a single layer) and heat it, Add celeriac& Onions.
- 4Rotate the veggies but allow the onions and celeriac to brown apprx 10 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle lemon over the veggies.
- 6Serve as a side dish vegetable.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celeriac (Celery Root), Onions & Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: