Chili-Rubbed Tilapia With Asparagus & Lemon
- Ready In:
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover, and steam until tender crisp. (about 4 minutes).
- Transfer to large plate, spreading out to cool.
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp salt on a plate. Dredge fillets in the spice mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until just opague in the center, turning gently halfway. (5 - 7 minutes total.).
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Immediately add lemon juice, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, and asparagus to the skillet. Stir constantly until asparagus is heated through. (1 to 2 minutes). Serve asparagus with the fish.
Join The Conversation
I found this one in Eating Well Magazine and gave it a try last night. I steamed my asparagus for 2 minutes in a Zip-lock steamer bag but didn't cut them into 1 inch pieces (mainly because I forgot to!). Followed the rest of the recipe exactly. Easy and delicious. Next time I think I will only steam the asparagus for 1 minute as we really like our asparagus crispy-tender. This one is a repeater in our house.