- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, and cut into 24 chunks
- 2 green onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces
- In a blender at high speed, blend onions, chile, ginger, vinegar, allspice, thyme, salt, and 2 tablespoons olive oil until combined.
- Place Chicken chunks in a zip-tight plastic bag with marinade, turning to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss red pepper pieces with remaining olive oil in small bowl.
- Preheat the broiler or grill with rack close to heat source.
- On 4 metal skewers, alternately thread chicken and red pepper.
- Brush Kabobs with any remaining marinade.
- Cook a total of ten minutes, turning once, or until chicken is n o longer pink inside.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wasn't really sure how this was going to turn out when I first mixed up the marinade. It smelled and tasted weird to me. I added in some additional olive oil and also some crushed red pepper to spice it up a bit. I was still pretty hesitant when I pulled the bowl out of the fridge to grill it, but it ended up being really good! It's definitely something I'll make again.