This is a creamy pasta that is quick and easy to make. Don't be frightened by the amount of garlic!
Make and share this Cayenne Shrimp Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 20 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Melt butter with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shrimp, cook until shrimp turn pink, but do not allow garlic to brown.
- Add parsley, mushrooms, onions, and cayenne pepper; saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, mix thoroughly and add wine. Simmer for 30 seconds then add cream and heat through.
- Drain noodles and add to sauce with half of the grated cheese. Fold in gently until cheese is melted. Salt lightly.
- If sauce is too thin, continue heating until sauce reduces. Garnish with chopped parsley and additional grated cheese. Serve immediately.
Spicy, delicious, and decadent! DH and I had this for dinner last night and halved the recipe for just the two of us with great results. We used a combination of wild mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, cremini), which were very tasty in the dish. The garlic and green onion proportions were perfect. I might even scale back on the cayenne next time (did I just say that???). I like my dishes pretty spicy and I found this to be a little hot. I know from experience, however, that I will never be disappointed by bland food in one of your recipes, cookiedog! Thanks for the great recipe. We will be making this again! Made for ZWT4.
Holy Cayenne, Batman! This is spicy but oh so yummy! My lips are still feeling the heat and this recipe is EXCELLENT!!! I love the garlic and mushrooms paired with the creamy sauce and pasta. You've done it again, cd! :)
Spicy and Fantastic, I made 2 weeks ago and my wife wants it again this week. I used mostacolli noodles instead and we love spicy so I dumped a little extra cayenne pepper with red pepper flakes.... EXCELLENT...QUICK AND EASY- 4/9/14-Another Mix on this awesome recipe to make it a little different and you can say it is something else-keep the family interested- I follow the recipe exactly -but I add fry 1/2 chopped red bell pepper in with the mushrooms and then when you get close to the end I throw in two jars of "Classico-Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce 15 oz.- and omit the pint of heavy whipping cream. Oh my gosh- WE can eat everything between 3 adults.