1 hr 15 mins
This is easy to make and so good. If you don't like spicey food, reduce the cayenne to just a dash or leave it out altogether.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar salsa con queso (tostitos restaurant style cheese dip)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1In a saucepan, cook carrots, celery and green onion in water until tender, set aside.
- 2In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until soft; stir in flour and blend well, do not brown.
- 3In a large dutch oven, bring milk and broth to a boil.
- 4Whisk in onion/flour mixture.
- 5Add cheese dip, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and mustard.
- 6Slowly stir in carrots, celery, green onions and cooking liquid.
- 7Bring to a boil, serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cayenne Pepper Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 396.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salsa con queso