Recipe by morelhunter
This is easy to make and so good. If you don't like spicey food, reduce the cayenne to just a dash or leave it out altogether.
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar salsa con queso (tostitos restaurant style cheese dip)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook carrots, celery and green onion in water until tender, set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until soft; stir in flour and blend well, do not brown.
- In a large dutch oven, bring milk and broth to a boil.
- Whisk in onion/flour mixture.
- Add cheese dip, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Slowly stir in carrots, celery, green onions and cooking liquid.
- Bring to a boil, serve immediately.