Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves these more than Cheez-its. I like to make them as snacks. Make sure you refrigerate them overnight, or the crisp just won't be there. Extra sharp cheddar is a must! Silpat mats come in handy for these.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Cream all ingredients together except for the flour and kosher salt.
- Add flour gradually and mix throuroughly.
- Pack dough tightly into ball.
- Divide ball into 3 equal parts.
- Roll each into log shape 1 1/4 inches in diameter.
- Wrap each log in waxed paper.
- Refridgerate overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Slice logs into very thin wafers. (The thinner, the crispier).
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet approximately 12 minutes (until golden).
man these were good, great to snack on and would probably be good with soup or a light dip!
Wow! I rolled these into 1 inch logs and put them in the fridge to firm up. I then sliced them and put them in the oven. Yummy!
These are great! If I did not know any better I would have thought these were cheese-its. Used the 1/4 tsp of the Cayenne Pepper and it is that perfect mysterious kick that cheese its have. Recipe is a keeper! I had another recipe (Almost Identical) But it stated to use 1/2 c softened butter (-not- melted) So I used the 1/2 c and the dough formed real nice after cutting in the butter and mixing in the cheese. Froze my dough for about 2 hours and it slices very nice with a straight edged knife. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!