These are tasty little treats, which are more like a savoury cookie than a real cracker. They are great for dipping into sauces and spreads and can easily be varied by topping them with your favourite seeds or salts or whatever else you come up with. Note: Chill time of 30 minutes is not included!
- Ready In:
- 150 g flour
- 150 g cheese, grated
- 150 g butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- sesame, and
- poppy seed, for sprinkling
- Mix flour and cheese in a big bowl. Using your fingers work in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and work into a smooth dough. Wrap with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out cookies of desired shape (I used a clover cookie cutter, but rounds or animal shapes would be great, too).
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with seeds or desired topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 15-18 minutes (the thinner you make your cookies, the faster they are ready--so start checking on them early).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were really fun to make. I made them for the DS to take to his music recreation group were they were very much enjoyed. I made some with sesame and some with poppy seeds and made them into little 1 or 2 bite size stars and got 66 stars and they took 9 minutes in a 180c fan force oven to bake to a nice golden crispy cracker. Thank you Lalaloula, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.Reply