Recipe by Cattleships
A cold mixture of tuna, egg and other ingredients. It can be used to make sandwiches, as a salad over lettuce, as a spread, or as a snack by itself. I first made this when I was in college in Texas back in the 80's. A few potato chips goes great with a sandwich made with this salad.
- 3 (6 ounce) canssolid albacore tuna in water
- 3 extra large eggs, hard boiled, pealed and cross sliced
- 1⁄2 cup regular mayonnaise (Hellmans)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard (Plochmans)
- 1⁄3 cup sweet relish
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green olives
Directions See How It's Made
- First, empty the Albacore tuna into a large mixing bowl (stainless steel, ceramic, or plastic) and, with a fork, break the tuna chuncks into small pieces, then mash until the tuna is well broken up and uniform.
- Then combine the rest of the ingredients with the tuna and mix thoroughly until the mixture is uniform.
- And there you have it. If you like a more or less moist salad, adjust the amount of mayonaise and Miracle Whip. The 60 minute cooking time is allowed to bring the eggs to a boil, turn off heat, cover and let stand (I use a Tsp of salt and a Tbs of oil in the water -- helps to keep the shell from sticking).