This is an amazing sauce; easy to throw together and because this recipe is for the microwave, you will have tender, flaky fish in a matter of minutes.
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine onion, oil and ginger.
- Microwave, UNCOVERED, on high for 1 1-1/2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; blend until smooth.
- Add in broth, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne; mix well.
- Stir into onion mixture.
- Microwave, UNCOVERED, at 70% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring after each minute, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Place catfish in a microwave-safe 3 quart dish.
- Pour sauce over catfish.
- COVER and microwave 5 1/2 to 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.