Prep 12 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is an amazing sauce; easy to throw together and because this recipe is for the microwave, you will have tender, flaky fish in a matter of minutes.
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml water
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 (680.38 g) catfish fillets
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine onion, oil and ginger.
- Microwave, UNCOVERED, on high for 1 1-1/2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; blend until smooth.
- Add in broth, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne; mix well.
- Stir into onion mixture.
- Microwave, UNCOVERED, at 70% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring after each minute, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Place catfish in a microwave-safe 3 quart dish.
- Pour sauce over catfish.
- COVER and microwave 5 1/2 to 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
This was really good and so fast! I couldn't believe I had this quality of a dish out of the microwave! I did make a few changes to utilize what I had on hand. I used tilapia filets, omitted the green onions, and added sesame seeds. I had to double the cornstarch to get the sauce to thicken. The cooking time was perfect for the thin fish filets I used. We really enjoyed the flavor. Thank you for a recipe I will use again!