- 1 lb loaf French bread
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1/2 lb) tomatoes, rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice loaf in half horizontally.
- Set halves, cut side upon a 15 x 12-inch baking sheet.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- If crust side is soft, turn over and toast 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Cut garlic clove in half.
- Rub cloves over cut surface of bread.
- Brush or drizzle bread with oil.
- Cut tomato in half horizontally; rub cut sides over toast, squeezing slightly to release juices.
- Cut bread into 1 1/2-inch wide wedges and enjoy.