Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Spanish recipe from Recipe Gold Mine site.
- 1 lb loaf French bread
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1/2 lb) tomatoes, rinsed
- Slice loaf in half horizontally.
- Set halves, cut side upon a 15 x 12-inch baking sheet.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- If crust side is soft, turn over and toast 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Cut garlic clove in half.
- Rub cloves over cut surface of bread.
- Brush or drizzle bread with oil.
- Cut tomato in half horizontally; rub cut sides over toast, squeezing slightly to release juices.
- Cut bread into 1 1/2-inch wide wedges and enjoy.
Loved it! Totally beats the traditional garlic bread.
Nice new twist on garlic bread. Tomatoes have just gone out of season here so will have to wait till next summer before we can try this again. Thanks for the post
I really liked this one. I used whole wheat bread and it tasted so good with the garlic! I decorated with basil. This is great to please a crowd and can be made to use for finger food with other types of breads, veggies and sauces. Made for Ramadan Tag game 2009.