Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty use of minced meat. popular with all the family. I used to get the children involved in making this dish, now that they are adults I get no help!!!!!
- 1 lb minced beef or 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 slices brown bread, crumbed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili sauce (tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 14 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Mix the meat with the bread crumbs, onion, garlic, mustard, Worcester, and chilli sauces.
- Divide the mix into 12 pieces and form into balls with your hands.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the meatballs for 5 mins till btown. Remove them from the pan and drain them on kitchen paper.
- Fry the celery and carrot for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, stock and tomato puree, stir well and add the meatballs.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Serve withh boiled rice.