This is a classic Filipino dessert enjoyed year round. I hope you enjoy it! Most of the ingredients can be found in an oriental store near you.
- 2 lbs grated cassava
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (Reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut cream (Reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, plus
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 325° f.
- In large mixing bowl combine cake ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour equally into two large greased rectangular pans.
- Bake until top is no longer liquid (approximately 30 minutes).
- Mix topping ingredients well and spread evenly on the two cakes.
- Bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool cakes completely.
- Slice each cake into 24 equal squares.