Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This cake is so easy and quick. It is perfect to serve at a barbque. If you shut your eyes when you take a bite, you can almost feel the breeze blowing thru the palm trees and the ocean lapping at your toes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with liquid
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- sweetened flaked coconut
- cashews, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, soda and flour by hand. Stir in eggs, vanilla and pineapple with juice. Add cashews and coconut. Pour into 9 x 13 inch pan coated with non-stick spray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before adding topping.
- For topping, prepare pudding as instructed on package and set aside. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and mix in prepared pudding. Fold in the whipped topping and spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle top with coconut and chopped cashews. Store cake in refrigerator.
- Preparation time does not include time it takes for cake to cool.