Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very pretty salad - great for serving to company. My aunt made this for my son's birthday party and everyone just loved it.
- 10 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced swiss cheese
- 1 diced apple (leave the peel on)
- 1 diced peeled pear
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 -3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Toss salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a separate container. You can toss the salad with the dressing and serve it like that, or let each person put as much or as little dressing on their salad as they would like.
- The extra dressing stays fresh in the refrigerator for a long time.
This salad is amazing! I ALWAYS get compliments from guests when I make it. My husband really likes it when I add turkey bacon.
In a world where sometimes nothing is as it seems nor as it may appear, this can easily be mistaken for dessert, but don't mind me, my brainz are just leaking.
We really did like this salad. We loved the combination of all the ingredients. Just plain yummy! Thanks for posting this recipe.