Chicken Salad With Apples & Walnuts
A little spin on the classic chicken salad. I found this recipe in a Schwan's Home Service Catalog. The only real reason it caught my attention is because they served it in Oranges and it looked good - otherwise I probably would not have even taken a second look. I am glad I did ... this is yummy!
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, filets cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (fat free or low fat may be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 fresh onion, diced
- 1 cup apple, chopped (or grapes, I like apples)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir together prepared chicken, mayo, celery, onion, apples, nuts and pepper.
- It looks great if you serve it in an orange peel and it is easy to clean up!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh my gravy, COMPLETELY dee-lish!! Sorry there is no picture to post; it didn't last that long. My husband smoked 2 large marinated chicken breasts yesterday. We are empty-nesters so we split one breast the first night and used the 2nd breast to make this salad. Of course I modified amounts to accommodate less meat and the only ingredient modification I made was a little lemon pepper along with black pepper from the grinder mill. This recipe could compete against (and is probably better than) a 5-star restaurant dish. Bravo, Chef and thank you!!1Reply