Inspired Avocado Guacamole W. Pomegranate & Pears
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 serrano chilies, including seeds, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 lbs ripe avocados (reserve 1 avocado pit)
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup peeled pear, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Mash onion, chiles& salt to a rough paste.
- Gradually add pulp from the avocadoes, coarsly mashing it.
- You want it to be chunky.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Fold in pear& grapes& then 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour placing avocado pit in the middle of the mixture so it retains its color.
- Remove pit.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup more seeds over the guacamole& serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is delicious and looks colourful. I did use the red Tabasco sauce dribbled through out since I did not have serrano chilies. Wonderful spicy complement to the sweet pomegranate seeds. In fact I won't add grapes another time and it really doesn't need the pear either. I used sea salt for the salt. Served with rice crackers. I would make this again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I am a transplanted New Yorker (Upper West Side) living in Vienna (where I was born), for the past 18 years. The proud mother of 1 16 year old young man, Benjie and 1 10 year old boy Nathan. Wife of Peter, a born & bred Viennese! The latest addition to our family is Zwutsckie - A Black & White Shih Tzu. I work in the Market Research field & enjoy being confronted with new challenges & people on a daily basis. I'm also very involved in my children's school, believing that the love one receives at home & a child's education are the 2 most important factors in their future well being. My favorite hobbies? I'm a readacholic & will read just about anything - the worst thing that could happen to me would be to find myself with out a book. I also enjoy the movies & the comaraderie of "Ladies Night Out" which happens about every 2-3 weeks & last but not least collecting cook books.