Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A delicious bake which is very good for you, don't be tempted to skip the herbs - they give the flavour. If using instant stock make sure you use a good brand, I recommend Marigold vegetable bullion.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion
- 75 g mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 150 g mixed nuts (cashews and brazil nuts)
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 75 -120 ml strong vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion as finely as possible.
- Fry the onion gently in the oil so that it softens without colouring.
- Chop the mushrooms, then add them to the onions with the garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Grind the nuts in a food processor or vent some anger with a plastic bag and rolling pin.
- Mix the ground nuts and breadcrumbs and add to the cooked mushrooms and onions.
- Add the coriander and stir well then add enough stock to make the mixture moist. Season to taste.
- 5. Using an ice cream scoop, divide the mixture into eight and place each mound on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake at 190°C/375°F for 20 minutes or until well browned.
- Serve hot with gravy, bread sauce or ketchup.