Recipe by Dib's
I love this recipe with stir fried veggies and rice. Hope you like spicy food! It serves 4-6 depending on how many sides your offering.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 slices ginger, quarter sized,slivered
- oil (for frying)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons hot oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 1 teaspoon ground szechuan peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken in a medium saucepan with the onions, ginger and just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is JUST done.
- Drain, reserving 2 T liquid.
- Submerge chicken in ice water for 1 minute to stop cooking process.
- Slice into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange on a serving plate or bowl.
- Sprinkle with the 2 T reserved liquid.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees and fry the nuts until golden brown-dont burn them!
- Drain and cool.
- Pour over chicken and top with sauce.
- In a pan mix together the tamari, hot oil, sesame paste, ground szehuan peppercorns and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.