Recipe by Boomette
This is a recipe from Belize I did a few years ago. It's full of flavors. Read the note above. Note : The flavour and texture will be better if well packed in saran wrap and put in the fridge for a few days.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Yet another one of those recipes that I made before Thanksgiving (several days before, in fact), then wrapped & set aside to being out on the big day ~ It was another one of those new additions to my Thanksgiving buffet that was a big hit! Particularly with me, though, since I'm a really big fan of all 3 title ingredients! Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut, grated
- 1 cup sultana raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- In a big bowl, beat eggs until foaming. Add oil and vanilla. Add carrots, coconut and raisins, mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Sift in the first mixture. Mix well (can use your hands).
- Pour in a greased and floured loaf pan. Cook about 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a rack. Note : The flavour and texture will be better if well packed in saran wrap and put in the fridge for a few days.