Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks With Wine – Jeff Smith – Copyright 1986
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Sauté the carrots for a few minutes over medium heat until they begin to brown.
- Add the beef broth and champagne and cover.
- Cook until barely tender but still a bit firm.
- Remove cover and place on high heat until the liquid is almost cooked away. Add the lemon juice and dill and serve.
I make this every year for easter. It's always a hit and a good excuse to open a bottle of champagne while cooking dinner! The beef broth is a must. It gives the carrots a special depth of flavor.