Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This carrot dish has a little different taste than the usual and is done on the stovetop. No oven time needed.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled,cut 1/2 inch thick (or baby carrots)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 (1 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- In covered pan, cook carrots in small amount of boiling water, 15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In pan, melt butter, add ginger, thyme and water chestnuts; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add wine, parsley and carrots.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
This was very simple to prepare. I am not a huge fan of cooked carrots but I try to find ways to prepare them to make them a little easier to eat. These were tasty. Different enough to disguise the carrots but plain enough that the BF wouldn't turn his nose up at them. WIth Turkey Breast and Mashed Potatoes, it was almost like Thanksgiving dinner!