Recipe by 2Bleu
We adapted this from Kraftfoods.
Top Review by mersaydees
This is delicious made as directed. If I had more time, I'd try substituting recipe #74497 for the box spice cake mix because I like to cook from scratch when possible. I also appreciated that the ingredients listed the eggs and oil that the cake mix calls for! Smart! And did I mention how quick this is to prepare?! Thanks, 2Bleu! Made for PRMR.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix (Betty Crocker)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free orange gelatin
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in carrots and raisins (if desired). Pour into a greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Remove from oven. Pierce cake with the handle of a wooden spoon (or dowel) at 1" intervals and allow to cool.
- GLAZE: Meanwhile, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix 2 minute until completely dissolved. Pour evenly over cooled cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- ICING: Beat cream cheese, butter and spice in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended after each addition. Spread onto cooled cake.