Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Cookbook by Mary Hale and Chris Miller. I have not tried it yet, but plan to soon.
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- In a large sauce pan cook the onion in butter until soft.
- Add the carrots and broth and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Puree in batches in blender or food processor.
- Transfer to saucepan, add ginger root and thyme and simmer, stirring for 10 minutes.