Recipe by Kathy-Lynn
Nice and easy way to hide some carrots!!
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make but it didn't come out looking like a carrot cake to me.I followed the recipe as written. I;m not sure if I cut my carrots up small enough. The cake had a good taste to it but it just didn't look like a carrot cake to me.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup finely-shredded carrot
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixer bowl beat margarine and sugar til blended.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in carrot.
- In another bowl combine flour, powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Add carrot mixture and stir until blended.
- Spray an 8x8x2" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.