Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Our garden is currently overflowing with carrots, and this quick bread is a delicious way to use up some of them; it's moist and full of raisins and pecans! This makes one loaf; the recipe is easily doubled and the bread freezes well.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and oil; add eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, raisins and pecans.
- Stir into sugar-oil-egg mixture until combined; do not overmix.
- Pour into a greased or non-stick loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after inserting in middle of bread.
- Let cool slightly in pan, then carefully turn out onto a baking rack to finish cooling.