This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.lifescript.com website.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, canned, drained
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Remove the butter and the eggs from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature.
- 2Toast the walnuts in the oven until they are fragrant, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale yellow and very fluffy.
- 4Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed.
- 5Stir in the cinnamon, black pepper, orange zest and carrots.
- 6Process the cooled walnuts briefly in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
- 7Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- 8Stir in half the flour mixture. Stir in the pineapple and walnuts. Stir in the rest of the flour mixture. The batter should be smooth, but do not overmix.
- 9Coat two 9" loaf pans with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the pans.
- 10Bake until the loaves are golden brown and set in the center, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Pineapple Sweet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1839.7
- Calories from Fat 666
- Total Fat 74.0 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 439.2 mg
- Sodium 917.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 274.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 168.8 g
- Protein 28.5 g