Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Someone I used to work with gave me this recipe. It is great with or without the icing. What a good way to use left over carrots!
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed carrot (either cooked fresh or canned)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 box powdered sugar
- orange juice
- Cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients mixing well after each addition.
- Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Icing: mix margarine, powdered sugar, and enough juice to be able to spread.