We love these carrot cookies either plain or with butter cream frosting flavored with a little lemon zest and lemon juice, or try 1/2 recipe of Recipe #26165. These cookies have a nice cake-like texture--nice and soft. Note: Made these again today and thought I'd better add a comment. I made them about tablespoon sized and they cooked in 8 minutes. They don't need to brown on bottom--just cook until they are nice and firm.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook carrots in saucepan with water until tender; drain and mash.
- (Should measure about 1 cup when you are done).
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat together until fluffy.
- Stir in cooled mashed carrots.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; blend into butter.
- Drop by spoonful on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for about 8-12 minutes (doesn't need to cook until browned--just until firm).
- Good plain or top with butter cream frosting with a little lemon zest and lemon juice added.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These cookies were really tasty, however I didnt follow the original recipe to a tee. I made some changes to lighten them up a little, cut the sugar, and add flavor elsewhere:<br/><br/>-Sub half the butter with mashed avocado<br/>-I used only 1/4 cup of sugar and to that added 1 tbsp of molasses<br/>-I added a good amount of cinnamon, fresh ground nutmeg and powdered ginger. Probably about 3 Tbsp, 1/2 tsp, and 1/2 tsp respectively. Pumpkin Pie spice would probably also be great, I just don't have any.<br/><br/>They turned out very cakey (which I like) with an almost half-baked center (which I really like ;-))1Reply
Very yummy! It was a very cakey texture cookie. Actually they seemed more like muffin tops to us--I was expecting that though so we really liked them. They had a mild sweet flavor. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because I added a good amount of cinnamon and a dash more of vanilla for more flavor. The last part of the dough I threw in some chocolate chips to mix it up--great addition! Thanks for the recipe!Reply