Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
this comes from the marriners wives cookie book
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, peeled & boiled
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- confectioners' sugar
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- in a mixing bowl combine flour & baking powder. add butter & mix well.
- in another bowl mash carrots. add eggs, milk, sugar and whipping cream. mix well.
- add dry mixture to egg mixture. knead dough with hands until smooth.
- refrigerate fo 1/2-1 hour.
- roll out dough on a floured surface. cut with cookie cutters.
- place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and punture cookies with a fork to take out any air.
- bake the cookies for 15 minutes. cool. sprinkle with sifted confectioners' sugar.