Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy dish that and goes great with any meal!
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crackers, crushed (about 15)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Place carrots in saucepan, cover with water; bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and place in a baking dish.
- In a small saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter and the cheese, stirring often, then stir in dill.
- Pour over carrots.
- Melt remaining butter; toss with saltines.
- Sprinkle over carrots.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
My mom has had this recipe for a long time and its the absolute BEST! People that won't normally eat cooked carrots LOVE this dish! :)
Our family has made this often. We like the combination of the carrots and cheese very much and the crunchiness of the top. The dill weed is a wonderful addition. It is easy to prepare ahead or to reduce the quantity.
Very easy to make, and has a nice flavor. The melted Velveeta cheese and butter was a little too stiff, so I added about 3 or 4 tbsp of milk to make it more pourable. I'd love to make this with either tarragon or parsley. Thanx for sharing!