Carrot Soufflé (Carrot Casserole)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (or to taste)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F; lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Boil or steam carrots in until very soft (20 minutes); drain.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper; purée carrots in food processor until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Add eggs and cream; blend well.
- Fill casserole dish or ramekins with mixture.
- Set in a baking pan of hot water and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
the first time i tried this it was at Picadilly Cafeteria. this is a really tasty side dish that just grows on you as you are eating it. to get the kids to eat this, we sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top just before serving. it makes it slightly sweeter and is a good alternative for those who do not like sweet potato caserole.
I have made this twice. I may have tagged it somewhere but have forgotten where. THE PICKY ONE who claims to hate carrots had 3rds of this! We decided it was beautiful, easy & delicous enough for a holiday table so we had it again Christmas day. That time I altered it slightly, using only 4TB butter & (ack) fat free half & half (that doesn't even make sense!!) so my mom would eat it. I did use the eggs. (Mom would have used egg beaters) A very impressive dish that is delicious & easy. I used a 2lb bag of mini carrots & steamed them in my Pampered Chef microwave steamer. It doesn't get any easier!! Thanks, Littleturtle!