Recipe by AndreaVT96
A yummy layer cake that will satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing it! From WW's "Simply Delicious" cookbook. 5 WW points per serving.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium carrots, shredded, about 2 cups
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese (reduced fat cream cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 9-inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
- With an electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, yogurt, applesauce, brown sugar, oil, 1 tablespoons of orange zest, and vanilla until blended. In medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to egg mixture and mix on low speed just until blended, 2-3 minutes Stir in carrots and raisins. Scrape the batter into the pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes Cool in pans on a rack 10 mins; remove from pans and cool completely on rack.
- To prepare frosting, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat nonfat cream cheese, Neufchatel cheese, confectioner's sugar, and remaining 1 TBSP.orange zest until blended.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a plate. Spread with about 1/2 cup frosting and place second layer on top. Frost the top and sides with remaining frosting.