Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This is very moist and a crowd pleaser. I have been making this for over 20 years. Cooling time not included.
Top Review by Acerast
Wonderful cake - great flavor and beautiful color. I made this for our Easter celebration and everyone really enjoyed it. I haven't used baby food in awhile (my baby is in Jr. High) so I was surprised to find it sold in small plastic tubs. The weight on each tub was 3.5 ounces so I put it all into the batter (14 ounces total in carrots) and reduced the oil to just 1 cup to balance the "liquid" called for in the recipe. This worked great. I'll be saving this recipe to use for our family gatherings and to take for potlucks. Thanks Chicagoland Chef du Jour!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (6 ounce) jarsstrained carrot baby food
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine: flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, carrots and oil.
- Add eggs slowly, mix thoroughly.
- Spray jelly roll pan or 4 sided cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray, dust with flour.
- Pour batteer into prepared pan. Bake 30-40 minutes or until center is done.
- Cool completely and frost.