Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found the original recipe on the Whole Foods website and adjusted some of the ingredients to suit my own tastes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients stirring just to mix. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into muffin cups sprayed with non-stick spray or use cupcake papers, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.