Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Watkins recipe.
Make and share this Carrot and Zucchini Bars With Citrus Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup watkins original grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon watkins double-strength vanilla
- 1 teaspoon watkins butter flavor extract
CITRUS CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon watkins lemon extract
- To make icing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For bars, combine first five ingredients in large mixing bowl; mix well and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add carrot mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spread batter in a lightly greased 13 × 9-inch/33 × 23-cm baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F/180ºC for 25 minutes or until bars test done.
- Place on wire rack and cool completely. Frost with icing.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.