Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
Serve these delicious biscuits warm from the oven. The herb and vegetable flavor is a delightful change of pace!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400*.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, basil, parsley flakes and salt; blend well.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in carrots.
- Add milk and egg, stirring just until moistened.
- To form each biscuit, drop 1/4 cup of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400* for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 12 biscuits.
pretty good biscuits! next time i think im going to half the sugar and add a tsp or so of smoked paprika. thanks for a yummy recipe!!
I liked these a lot! They came together quickly and easily and tasted very nice! I luv the combination of the carrot and cornflour as well as the herbs. I doubled the amount of carrots used and that way mine weren't dry at all. Also I left out the sugar due to previous reviews. These are very yummy hearty biscuits! Thanks so much for sharing this gem of a recipe with us, Sharon! I will definitely make them soon again, perhaps with some added cottage cheese in the batter.
These were wonderful with Recipe #279645. I used a mixture of Splenda and sugar and the only thing I might change would be to decrease the sweetness slightly. They browned nicely and very easy to put together.