Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really good, and easy to make... can be doubled if desired. Just remember not to cook the carrots for more than 5 minutes, as they will cook more when baked.
- 6 -8 large carrots, sliced
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed (can use more for a sweeter taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a larger-size casserole dish (any size to hold the ingredients).
- Cook or steam the carrots in a large saucepan in boiling water for 5 minutes (no more than 5 minutes!); drain.
- Layer carrots and apples in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle on top of the carrots and apples.
- Dot with butter.
- Pour the orange juice over the flour mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
Made this today for ladies luncheon at church, it was loved by most everyone, sweet but not too sweet. I used the 2 tablesponns brown sugar, might cut back next time. I tagged this at the Newest Zaar tag game and glad I did.