Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found an all meat chili recipe online a couple yeas ago because my family loves the taste of chili minus the beans, however it was a lengthy recipe with many odd ingredients and although it was wonderful it took way too much effort to make. I used that recipe as my base and tweaked it using more easily available items and took out a lot of the unnecessary steps. It makes almost 10 lbs in a 6 QT stock pot but it is always gone before the week is out. After we eat it as chili we use the leftovers for chili dogs and nacho snacks...I have 4 children and they love when I make a nacho bar with all the fixins and they can make their own personal nacho platter with all the things they like on top. Hubby loves it too of course!I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 lb ground pork
- 10 tablespoons red chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (29 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- Marinate ground beef in burgundy, bay leaves, thyme, garlic and pepper for 2 hours.
- Boil chicken breasts in water and salt until cooked through and tender then remove from water and chop chicken, reserve chicken broth for chili.
- Mix ground pork into the marinated beef mixture.
- Add the Chili pepper, cayenne, oregano and cumin to the beef and pork mixture and mix together well.
- Sauté onions in vegetable oil in a 6 QT or larger stock pot until translucent.
- Add the beef and pork mixture to the pot and cook on medium heat until it is mostly all browned.
- Add the tomato sauce, peeled tomatoes, Rotel, chilies, jalapeños, and Tabasco sauce.
- Add the chopped up chicken, stir well, cover, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- If the chili gets dry during the cooking process add some of the reserved chicken broth.