Recipe by Andtototoo!
This easy and delicious recipe, although slightly altered and with a different title, is from the cookbook called "The Border Cookbook."
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass one-layer cake pan (9" x 13") put the oil, soy sauce, oregano and garlic.
- Stir to blend.
- Cut the meat across the grain into 1/8 inch strips.
- If the meat is slightly frozen, this will be easier.
- Add the meat strips to the marinade and stir to blend everything.
- Cover and put into the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- When hot, stir-fry the meat, in batches, in a little oil, until just cooked.
- Leave a little pink in the meat so that it will be extra tender.
- Serve with salsa in flour tortillas and any additional garnishes that you want such as sour cream, grated cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes.
- Time does not include the time needed to marinate the meat.