Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled,cut in small cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
- 1 (17 ounce) box frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add pepper and onion.
- Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in small sweet potato cubes, broth and home-spice blend or jerk seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pierogies according to package instructions.
- Drain the pierogies and divide among warm dinner plates; keep warm.
- Add black beans to the vegetable mixture and heat through.
- With a potato masher or fork, mash a small portion of the vegetable mixture against the saucepan to slightly thicken sauce.
- Spoon over the pierogies.