Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A tasty and slightly exotic summertime dish. It can be thrown together in minutes. I serve it with couscous and dinner is served!
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, cut in wedges
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Grate zest of limes and orange.
- Juice lime and orange and combine in large bowl with zest.
- Mix in brown sugar, oil, salt, thyme, red pepper, allspice and garlic.
- Toss in onions (and green peppers if you have them) as well as pineapple chunks and juice and finely the chicken.
- Can marinate all day or place in large casserole dish and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Toss 15 minutes into baking.
- Before serving sprinkle with cilantro.