Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great on broiled swordfish or chicken breast. Adapted from Chile Pepper Magazine.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 118.29 ml pineapple chunk
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a saucepan, blend the salt, cornstarch, sugar, lime juice and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Mix the water, soy sauce, ginger, jalapeno and cayenne. Gradulally stir into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and transparent.
- Finish the sauce by stirring in the pineapple chunks, wine and cilantro.
- Serve portions of fish or chicken with a liberal dollop of warm sauce.
Excellent on grilled turkey cutlets and zucchini with rice! Followed the recipe to the letter and loved every drop of it :) Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Caribbean for The Apron String Travelers
This was very, very good on grilled chicken breasts. I used bone-in with the skin on chicken breast halves and this was a perfect sauce for them. I will certainly make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.