Recipe by Outta Here
Great on broiled swordfish or chicken breast. Adapted from Chile Pepper Magazine.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Excellent on grilled turkey cutlets and zucchini with rice! Followed the recipe to the letter and loved every drop of it :) Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Caribbean for The Apron String Travelers
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 118.29 ml pineapple chunk
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, blend the salt, cornstarch, sugar, lime juice and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Mix the water, soy sauce, ginger, jalapeno and cayenne. Gradulally stir into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and transparent.
- Finish the sauce by stirring in the pineapple chunks, wine and cilantro.
- Serve portions of fish or chicken with a liberal dollop of warm sauce.