Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken with sweet heat! I'm all about quick and easy, and this recipe from McCormick only takes 15 minutes to prepare and cook. It's not for everyone---I like it, but DH and DD don't care for it. When making it, only prepare what will be eaten then because it's not as good when it's reheated.
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1-inch strips
- Mix brown sugar, seasoned salt, onion, cinnamon and red pepper in shallow dish.
- Coat chicken strips with spice mixture, and place on greased baking pan.
- Broil 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
This turned out ok, but I probably wouldnt have it again. The sweet cinnamon/brown sugar with ground red pepper was not my favorite, but maybe someone else's!